Frequently Asked Questions
”Can I be reimbursed by my insurance?”
We currently do not accept insurance. We will supply you with a receipt to submit to your insurance provider for possible third party reimbursement.
Personal Therapy Services™ is an out of network provider. I do not bill insurance companies directly. Services may be eligible for reimbursement through out-of-network benefits. If interested, please call your insurance provider. Ask them about reimbursement for out-of-network counseling services and rates.
If your insurance company approves Personal Therapy Services, I will provide you with a receipt. The receipt is submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. The Insurance company pays you directly the amount agreed to in your policy.
”Why Consider Paying Fees Privately or Out of Pocket?”
Many clients choose to not involve insurance companies for counseling services. Out of pocket therapy sessions do not limit you to a diagnosis, treatment plan or a set number of sessions. Many plans do not cover individual, or family therapy. A diagnosis is needed if you use insurance. This becomes a part of your permanent health record. Insurance companies have full rights to all your records.
- Please note that Personal Therapy Services™ offers very affordable pricing options which are typically comparable with the co-pays of most insurance plans.
- Even if your plan covers all your costs, the co-pay that you would be required to contribute may be higher than the entire cost of Personal Therapy Services, as we offer highly competitive packages that provides you with discounted rates.
- We will work collaboratively as a team to decide how often to attend therapy not the insurance companies. The final advantage relates to session availability.
”How long can I use Personal Therapy Services™?”
This depends on your needs and varies a lot from one person to another. Some people feel they get most of the value after just a few weeks, while others prefer to stick to the program for an extended period of time. This is completely up to you.
”How is my privacy protected?”
We follow all HIPPA policy agreements to keep this site safe and secured in order to to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We have built and perfected a website designed to protect your privacy and safeguarding the information you provide. Our privacy and confidentiality standards are by far more advanced than what is required by law or regulations, so you can feel safe and comfortable. Our website does not require any therapeutic information to be typed in or stored.
- We don’t cooperate or work with any insurance companies or employers, so nothing needs to be shared, reported or filed with them.
- Everything you tell your therapist is protected by strict federal and state laws.
”What if I am late for my session?”
We understand that you may be late for your appointment. We will hold your session for you, however it will impact the amount of time you have for your therapist session. For example, all sessions are 50 mins, if you are 30 minutes late, your remaining time with your therapist is 20 minutes.
”I signed up. How long until I’m matched with a counselor?”
In most cases same day sessions are available.
”What forms of payment do you accept?”
We currently accept PayPal. PayPal uses SSL technology to keep your information safe and it is free to sign up.
”How do I connect with my therapist at the time of my appointment?”
You will receive a call from your therapist at the number you provided when you scheduled your appointment. If you should miss your call, you can either call your therapist back or she will try you again in 5 minutes.
”Do you offer a free trial?”
At this time, we do not offer a free trial; however your first session will be at a discounted cost.